Building on its in-depth knowledge of the LNG industry and its continuous innovation efforts, GTT has developed a range of services designed to support shipyards and shipowners in their operations. These services, which in some cases draw on the expertise of CRYOVISION teams, are focused around:
Whether you are a shipyard, EPC service provider, shipowner, charterer, gas operator or classification society, GTT offers comprehensive engineering services designed to support you through every phase from the pre-project to construction phases.
- Pre-project studies for construction and ad-hoc projects: modification of vessels; feasibility studies; front-end engineering and design (FEED) work for vessels and land storage
- Design studies to analyze and define your projects' characteristics: estimation of preliminary costs and construction lead times; detailed engineering of cargo handling systems; detailed information regarding specifications for construction materials used in membrane systems; testing of materials; supplier approval; detailed information regarding the documentation required to prepare for construction
- Construction assistance. GTT assists its clients during the construction of vessels and land storage tanks. GTT representatives on-site provide technical and organizational advice and ensure that the necessary information is provided to the shipyard or the EPC service provider for the construction of the tank incorporating the membrane. They also ensure adequate implementation of GTT technologies by the licensee and oversee the final phase in construction of the tank.
- HEARS (Hotline Emergency Assistance & Response Service) allows shipowners and their crews to contact GTT specialists 24 hours a day to report any incidents and obtain assistance. GTT teams are able to respond to the following issues:
- gas or liquid leaking into isolated spaces
- presence of water in isolated spaces
- LNG seepage onto the deck due to fractures in steel plate or cargo manifolds
- distribution of cargo for emergency departures
- extended loss of nitrogen production
- extended loss of the bulkhead heat circuits.
- GTT assists its supporting contractors by assisting in the maintenance of the fleet and storage tanks, drawing on its technical expertise and maintenance and repair procedures carried out under its supervision.
TAMI (Thermal Assessment of Membrane Integrity)
assesses the integrity of carriers' secondary membrane using a thermal camera system. The system provides significant advantages in terms of ease of implementation as the tests can be carried out while at sea.
MOON (MOtorized BalloON)
is a drone-like tool allowing quick and easy deployment of standard inspection methods for the tank’s primary membrane
TIBIA (Tank Inspection By Intergrated Arm)
Developed for FLNG's primary membrane inspection without scaffolding installation.
The whole range of non-destructive tests is performed by Cryovision®
SloShield™ is a fully integrated sloshing monitoring solution, which allows sloshing to be quantified at tank-level in real-time. Sloshield is an assistant toward more flexibility, security and performance.
LNG Advisor™ is an innovative BOG monitoring and management service, specifically designed for LNGCs. With LNG Advisor, LNGC's energy performance is continuously tracked, both onboard and onshore.
Both services are performed by Cryometrics®
GTT Training draws on its very wide-ranging expertise in LNG issues to offer a series of customized training courses, particularly supported by a cutting-edge simulator.
GTT also offers dedicated training to new licensees to ensure they understand and master the technologies as well as their construction methods.
Four times a year, training courses are offered to engineers representing shipowners, classification societies and repair yards, in membrane technologies, LNG operations and new applications such as LNG propulsion.